Friday, March 23, 2012

President Barack Obama, "I come in peace."






President Barack Obama waves from Air Force One before leaving the Roswell International Air Center in Roswell, N.M., Wednesday, March 21, 2012. (AP Photo/Geoffrey McAllister)
_ _ _
ROSWELL, N.M. - President Barack Obama told this city fabled in UFO lore and legend Thursday: "I come in peace." The president was visiting Roswell to talk about his energy policy. ... [click HERE to continue reading this article by Lee Roop of The Huntsville Times]
_ _ _

The Associated Press called me Tuesday afternoon and assigned me to drive to Roswell, N.M. (180 miles from Lubbock) to photograph President Barack Obama's arrival and departure from the Roswell International Air Center.  He arrived in Air Force One and then flew in Marine One to nearby Maljamar, N.M. to talk about about the country's increased oil production on federal lands.  I'd say the most unique part of the assignment was the instructions to always have my camera trained on the president's airplane, helicopter, or person as long as it was in sight.