Saturday, February 16, 2008

Local Olympic Hopefuls

There are many olympic hopefuls around Phoenix and among them are Lacey Nymeyer, and Albert Subirats (Venezuela). Both of them are swimmers for the University of Arizona. My assignment was to get photos of them at the AU v ASU swim meet in Tempe, Saturday. The venue was great - outdoors, it was nice weather, and occasionally the sun shone onto the pool (as is evident in the photo of Subirats doing the butterfly below.) Neither of them swam in more than 3 events (from what I noticed), so I had few chances to catch them in action. I looked for emotion and different angles. I wanted to come back with something out of the ordinary for swimming photos.



to read of other local olympic hopefuls - (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/azetc/articles/0216oly.html)